“桂林山水甲天下，阳朔风景甲桂林。Guìlín shānshuǐ jiǎ tiānxià ，Yángshuò fēngjǐng jiǎ Guìlín 。” Which means
“Guilin’s scenery is the most beautiful under the heaven, Yangshuo’s scenery is the most beautiful in Guilin.”
ATTRACTIONS IN YANGSHUO
- The unique landscape of Yangshuo attracts people for the purposes of cycling, hiking, climbing, painting, and learning Tai’chi.
- Many old towns and stone bridges in Yangshuo have a long history going back 400 years to the Ming Dynasty.
- The beautiful Yangshuo Park presents the perfect landscape background for practicing Tai’chi.
- The nightlife of Yangshuo is full of activities for all ages. A fun sight is watching some of the retired community come out to dance.
- The Gong Cheng Yao minority autonomous region is 50 minutes from Yangshuo by bus. There one can find temples that express and teach the 2 major branches of Chinese philosophies: of both Confucius (thinking) and Guanyu (martial arts).
- The famous Dragon Back Rice Terrace is 3.5 hours from Yangshuo by bus. In this back country one can find women bearing the tradition of the Yao culture donning 2-meter long hairdos and the scenic patches of rolling rice terraces and stilted houses.
Yangshuo, although remote, is still progressive in its thinking, bearing a multitude of diverse concepts. This is because it is such a magnet for so many people from all walks of life and from all parts of the world.
- From 8:00-21:30, once every 2 hours there is an airport bus that connects Yangshuo to the Guilin Airport. This is a 1.5 hour journey.
- The Gong Cheng high speed train station is a 1 hour bus ride away from Yangshuo. The Guilin high speed train station is 2.5 hours away by bus. From the Guilin station one can find high speed trains to Nanning, Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen.
Come to Yangshuo and meet us at MarcoPolo Mandarin !